The CHILDLINE 1098 is a Project of Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India under the Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS) supported through CHILDLINE India Foundation, Mumbai.
CHILDLINE 1098 is a national, 24-hour, toll free emergency phone outreach service for children (0 – 18 years) in need of care and protection. Apart from crisis intervention, CHILDLINE also links children to long-term services. Any child / concerned adult can call 1098 free of cost and avail of the service at any time of the day or night.
CHILDLINE aims to create a child protection network to reach out to every child. ARCOD receives the call from the coordination centre and takes necessary action to address the issues with the support of allied Govt. departments.
- To make the children aware of their rights from the society
- To help the children in need to accomplish their rights from different platforms
- Case Intervention and follow-up:
- Ensure two CHILDLINE telephone connections, which is manned 24 hours a day by persons who have received training considered acceptable by CIF.
- Ensure that all calls are received, recorded and responded to in the most appropriate manner without delay, keeping the best interest of the child in focus.
- Ensure crisis intervention in time.
- Plan with the Resource Organisations for the long-term rehabilitation of the child, based on the needs of the child, keeping the best interest of the child in focus.
- Interact with the Allied Systems to enhance effectiveness of intervention.
Prepare a monthly outreach plan to make children and the client-system aware of the CHILDLINE service, focusing on the most marginalized child in the city.
Organize Open House and outreach programmes in the geographical areas of the collaborative organization.
- Phone Connectivity and Testing:
- Ensure that the CHILDLINE telephones are operational at all times.
- Test connectivity from different telephone exchange areas in the city / district.
- Conduct outreach amongst PCO owners, to make them CHILDLINE friendly.
- Coordination & Resource Mobilization:
- Facilitate coordination of activities with Nodal Organization and Support Organization(s)
- Raise necessary resources for CHILDLINE activities